Disc 1 of our TV Collection includes the following episodes:
1) In this episode of GRASSROOTS, we go back and visit Martin Beckett of Beckett Agri. We originally interviewed Martin in 2014 when filming for our ‘Westbound & Down’ DVD, where he talked about his love for Claas harvesters. 2 years later and Martin is still running his trusty Claas, however will John Deere be able to sway his opinion? A loyal Deere fan, Martins fleet was mostly Deeres back in 2014, and to this day remains the same, in fact he sold his Claas machines and got more John Deere tractors; in this episode he explains why he moved away from Claas and his thoughts on German engineering.
2) In this episode we caught up with the family business of Bristow Bales as they talk us through their square baling business – running two Massey square balers on Deeres and shipping product as far as Holland.
3) Here we catch up with a familiar face from the Wilson series of DVD’s as he gives Donkey the rundown on a new Krone chopper. How will Donkey get on behind the wheel of something that isn’t green and yellow?
4) Here is a short video we made from our week long aid to to Romania in support of the Smiles Foundation in Oradea. Gareth and Gary talk about what they took away from the trip, the challenges they faced and still try to have a bit of a laugh along the way.
Disc 2 of our TV Collection includes the following episodes:
1) We caught up with an old fan favourite – Mad Mike, from Two Legends and a Donkey to find out which machine he is attempting to break now… We also got the chance to speak with Lloyd Furse regarding his Krone and why he hasn’t gone for a Claas.
2) This is a bit of a special episode for you all. We got invited to John Deereseuropean HQ in Germany last year, being one of the first to be allowed video cameras into the production line. As well as this, we were one of the first to video ‘Rosie’, their 50th anniversay harvester. We talk to a local contractor on John Deere and also feature some clips from their 50th anniversary party in Langer, near Nottingham earlier in the year.
3) This episode will feature the Welsh Legend, Matthew Evans, who suffered a tragic accident resulting in him becoming paralysed from the waist down. Matthew overcame adversity by ordering a new tractor straight away and getting it customised to support his disability. Hear the story from the man himself.
4) We took a trip down to Cork to chat to Dr Jason van der Velde and Gearoid Hurley about the service West Cork Rapid Response provide in rural communities when unfortunate accidents occur. Jason is very much a doctor by day, hero by night.
Disc 3 of our TV Collection includes the following episodes:
1) In this episode, we get talking to Rob Bartlett of Bartlett Contractors in southern England, on their ‘second’ harvester, the Fendt Katana 85. We also get chatting about their collection of Fendt tractors and their mower choice. Bartlett Contractors Ltd is owned and run by both Rob and his sister Tina and since filming this episode of GRASSMEN TV, they went on to win Farmers Weekly Contractor of the Year Award in 2015.
2) Shot on the 1st September 2016, during what is an extremely difficult season, this episode of GRASSMEN TV takes a look into the life of Michael Hoey of Country Crest in Co. Dublin, Ireland. There are few words that can describe this man – the main one that springs to mind is ‘LEGEND’. It doesn’t get much more current than this. Coming up in the next episde, we talk machinery, but for now, take a seat and listen to Michael tell us about Country Crest, charity work he does and his attitude towards his employees – one every employer should adopt.
3) This episode sees us revisit RG McKnight contracting, and is not yet released to our online TV Channel. We speak with Gavin who talks fleets, why he upgraded his New Hollands and why he prefers his JCB for buckraking. Can Gareth sway him to Valumet for his next tractor purchase?
4) The first episode in our GRASSROOTS series! We go back and visit Barry Read, seen in our popular ‘Green Fever’ DVD based in Fermanagh, to see how he’s getting on with his fleet of Valtras, what’s changed and specifically we discuss his slurry equipment now compared to back then.
Disc 4 of our TV Collection includes the following episodes:
1) In this episode of Grassmen TV, we take a look at the machines used in ‘Twist of Fiat’ – both old and new. We discuss why we chose each machine and what we thought about them.
2) We caught up with Doherty Farm services during the filming for Twist of Fiat to check in on how his business has progressed since Donkey first met him when working for E. Gamble many years ago. He now owns a 724 Fendt and Fusion 3 baler, something Donkey knows very little about. In this extra content, it’s time for Donkey to get behind the wheel himself and see what all the fuss is about.
3) In this episode of our Twist of Fiat TV Series, Donkey does a walkaround of the Krone Swadrow and voices his opinion of the rake.
4) We catch up with Gary Cross, who is 22 and designed one of the most impressive chaser bins we have ever seen!